Wireless In-Ear Monitoring for Macbook
$99.99 / Musician
Description: SoundCaster is the centerpiece of the Audiofusion™ Wireless Personal Monitoring System. SoundCaster recognizes each channel of audio from any connected digital mixer, audio interface or other audio device. Choose the device and select which channels to include in the mix.
Minimum System Requirements:
- MacOS 10.12 or newer
- Wi-Fi Router
- iPhone or iPad running Performer
- Connected to a digital mixer or digital audio interface
Recommended System Requirements:
- iPhone 6 or newer
- iPad Gen 4 or newer
- Wi-Fi Router: Dedicated, High speed router; not connected to the internet, running 802.11AC on the 5GHz band
- Hard wired ethernet connection from the Mac to the Wi-Fi router
Other “Best Practices” to achieve great sound quality using Audiofusion™:
- Run the MacBook on AC power to avoid CPU throttling
- Use auto-configure or manually configure the Wi-Fi router using a Wi-Fi scanner to search for the least used channel to avoid interference
- Turn off Wi-Fi on the Mac and connect to the Wi-Fi router via ethernet
- Set MacBook networking to configure automatically: System Preferences->Network->Select Ethernet interface (or Thunderbolt, etc.) ->Advanced->Hardware->Configure: Automatically
- Turn off iCloud services on all iPhones and iPads
- Turn off Location services on all iPhones and iPads
- Put the iPhones and iPads in airplane mode then re-activate Wi-Fi only
Wireless In-Ear Monitoring for iOS
Description: By receiving real-time audio over Wi-Fi and playing it through your ear phones, Audiofusion™ Performer turns your iPhone into a wireless in-ear monitoring system. Plus, Performer is a complete monitor mixer, giving you complete control over the sound in your ears.
SoundCaster connects to your digital audio source and broadcasts it in real-time over Wi-Fi to each connected Performer. Performer will only receive audio from Audio Fusion’s SoundCaster software.
Performer and SoundCaster work in conjunction with a third app for iPad called Audiofusion Director. It can be used by the sound technician or monitor engineer to hear the mix each musician has on their Performer. Director gives you simultaneous control over each musician’s mix to help with troubleshooting and fine-tuning. With it, you can also edit the instrument labels and remotely control the audio settings on SoundCaster.
Wireless In-Ear Monitoring for iOS
Description: With the help of the Audiofusion™ Director app running on an iPad, instrument labels and icons can be created at any time and all in one place. Position band members on the stage plot to visualize the layout. Long sound checks are a thing of the past when the band takes the stage.
The purchase of Audiofusion™ Director includes a license to connect to Audiofusion™ SoundCaster. Only one instance of Director can be connected to SoundCaster at a time.
- Remote control of Audiofusion™ SoundCaster to select channel inputs and set overall volume levels.
- Create and reassign instrument labels.
- Create and manage musician and device assigments.
- Hear and control the mix of each connected Audiofusion™ Performer
- iPad (4th gen or newer
- iPad Air (2nd gen or newer)
How Audiofusion™ Works
Each musician can control what they want to hear in their own monitor mix right on their smartphone or tablet by downloading the Audiofusion Performer app.
With Audiofusion Director, you can position musicians on the stage to create automatic panning and control the monitor mixes. During a performance the sound engineer can listen to each musician's monitor mix and make adjustments.